How Much Does a VoIP Call Cost?
Price levels for internet calling vary widely from one VoIP provider to another. General tariffs for some of the leading services compare as follows:
The table below gives comparative rates for international VoIP calls to various countries, with prices per minute in US dollars:
net2phone offers affordable business phone system plans and pricing for any sized organization.
VoIP Advantages and Disadvantages
What is an advantage of using VoIP calling? As we have already learned, one of the major advantages of voice over ip calling is being able to use a data network or internet technology for communications transmission. VoIP users can have intelligent conversations through the power of the cloud, which facilitates communication exchanges all over the world- wherever they are located, and with whatever device they prefer.
However, that’s just one of the plus points. In this section, we’ll take a look at the various VoIP advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages of VoIP
Disadvantages of VoIP
- Reliance on Power and Internet: VoIP technology relies on a steady electrical supply, together with a fast and stable network data connection. An outage or disruption to either of these utilities can lead to dips in the performance of voice over internet, or even complete loss of the service.
- Potential Connectivity Issues: Even though super-fast broadband and leased line connections are widely available in much of the world, there are still regions where internet connectivity is unreliable, or even non-existent. In such areas, issues with latency (data transfer delays) and packet loss can lead to a deterioration in call quality and data transmission.
Voice over IP Features
Voice over ip calling tends to come with many robust features when provided by a business-class VoIP system, such as net2phone. Main IP based calling features usually include, but are not limited to the following:
- Auto-Attendant: “Electronic receptionist” with advanced call handling and routing.
- Video Conferencing
- Voicemail to Text Transcription
- Instant Messaging (IM)
- SMS Text Messaging
- Mobile and Local Number Portability
- Presence Panel: Displays who is available to take a call, who is busy, etc.
- Call Forwarding
- Ring Groups: Allows all extensions in a group to ring simultaneously.
- Incoming Call Queues: Allows calls to be distributed and routed accordingly.
- Music On Hold
- Call Recording
- Call Analytics
Cloud PBX (Cloud-based Private Branch Exchange) is a virtual internet phone system, which automatically answers all calls and routes them to the correct department or user extension.
Concerning VoIP features, net2phone President Jonah Fink observes, “Just as the young millennials are relying on chat and messaging, we believe that the business community will do the same and we very much look forward to bringing them the ability to use alternative methods of communicating, along with our hosted voice, all in a single offering. We are constantly evolving our product set and improving our channel partner tools to meet today’s ever-changing needs as we prepare for tomorrow’s demand. net2phone is not looking to follow, we are looking to innovate.”
How to Choose the Best VoIP Provider in 2022?
Which is the best VoIP provider? The answer will depend on your needs, budget, and circumstances.
Here are some general tips for selecting the best business voice over IP providers:
- Identify the communications features that you need most.
- Take future expansion or business growth into account.
- Establish the size of your budget.
- Make a comparative assessment of voice over internet providers, and what they have to offer.
- Look for testimonials, reviews, and customer referrals for the providers on your shortlist.
- Don’t forget to factor in what kind of technical support they have available.
Do I Need a Voice-over IP Phone System?
Look at your existing phone system and ask these key questions:
- Will I need to keep all of my existing system and just use adapters or converters to get voice over IP capability?
- Can I replace some of the components?
- Do I have to replace the entire set-up?
If you run a small to medium-sized business in 2022, VoIP is something that you will need to elevate your communications capabilities to compete with same-size enterprises and also ones larger than your own.
net2phone’s small business phone system is designed to fuel growth with every conversation.
Whether you’re working from home or the office, voice over IP provides a cost-effective and scalable business communications solution with multiple features -- and one that’s available anywhere with access to the internet.
With PSTN (Public Switched Telephone Network) phone systems being phased out in many regions, you’ll also need VoIP phone systems to stay in line with current prevailing technology and new business norms.
How to Switch to VoIP?
In order to make the switch to VoIP, you’ll need to:
- Ensure that your Information and Communications Technology (ICT) infrastructure is robust enough to handle internet telephony. You may need to upgrade to a faster internet service -- preferably a wired broadband connection with at least 100 kilobits per second (kbps) per line.
- Connect your VoIP call infrastructure directly to the router or switch setup for your office or workspace. Larger offices may require IT personnel to perform Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN) configuration.
- Choose a reliable and capable service provider. The best business VoIP providers offer a comprehensive range of business communications features. They should also offer a range of hardware and software options for IP telephony, and provide expertise and support in setting up your system.
Making the Switch to VoIP
net2phone’s unified communications platform is more than just a business phone system. Ready to explore these cost-saving strategies along with many other benefits of voice over ip communications? net2phone makes it easy to make the switch to VoIP with our team of experts from onboarding, to support we have you covered. We also pride ourselves with having a 99.9% uptime, so you can be assured that your business is in good hands with net2phone’s reliability.
Get in touch with us to learn how net2phone's powerful VoIP communications can elevate your business conversations today.